Skiguide Kanada & USA
Thanks for your interest at Club Reisen Stumboeck. We are always looking for enthusiastic, outgoing applicants with great people skills who enjoy being a group leader for guided ski tours.
Excellent skiing and van driving experience as well as English and German language skills are an absolute must.
On our Website stumboeck.com you will find our offers in Canada under "Skisafaris".
All Stumboeck Guides drive their own van with a maximum of 10 passengers on board. This means all of our guides need a Canadian Class 4 Driving Licence.
Rookies and Senior Guides will always be on tour together with a Head Guide.
Our Stumboeck guides are between 26 and 60 years of age. They live the whole year in Canada. Most of our guides have European roots either through their grandparents, parents or they are themselves born in Europe. Some of our guides already work since 20 years for Stumboeck Club. Most of our Guides have their main occupation in all kinds of business areas.
Out of experience we expect from a new Stumboeck Guide to attend the annual season opening meeting and to work about 3 tours in their first winter. This helps to get a very good picture about the nature of a guide’s day-to-day work.
The work of a guide is not a „regular” job. A guide must possess a wide field of knowledge.
- mature and responsible driver / guide & good and safe skiing in all conditions
- ability to adapt to skiing styles and preferences of guests
- ability to create a friendly, enthusiastic atmosphere
- the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- service oriented style & superior interpersonal skills - good with people and other guides
- knowledge of Canadian and US historical, cultural, current events, knowledge and appreciation of Canada/USA as well as sufficient info on life
- the ability to respond to unexpected situations quickly and effectively
- a good memory for details and lots of patience
Our tours last between 8 days and 13 days and this means that a guide must be at our guest’s demand from breakfast till dinner. This is quite a challenge and not everybody is prepared for this kind of job.
Club Reisen Stumboeck takes care for the accommodation while on tour, in between the guides are responsible for their own accommodation. Club Reisen Stumboeck cannot offer staff housing between the tours in or around Banff.
We hope that the above information will help to decide if you like to be part of the Stumboeck Team. If so we kindly ask you to forward your résumé for further information by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Non Canadian and US-Guides need a work permit for Canada. This has to be organized by the applicant him-/herself early enough and prior to arrival in Canada. Club Reisen Stumboeck cannot be of any assistance in this matter.